Invisible Cities: Reflective Statement

I would be lying to say that I think this project went well. Now that is not to say I think it went badly, only that I feel it could have been much better. In terms of the final 3 pieces I feel most proud of the Low Angle Exterior shot, even if it's not exactly what one would call 'Exterior', but I think that emphasises my problems on the project. I think I tried to push the brief, and the description of Zenobia, a little too far and ended straying off course. The idea of a city on stilts doesn't really show in the way I designed the buildings and structures of my Zenobia and at first glance the 'cone-roofed belvederes' are barely there. I think I got a little caught up in my idea for Zenobia that I forgot what Zenobia is.

The only way I can stop this from happening next time is to truly define my ideas early on and be clear with myself on how they follow the source material. Obviously this will entail a far greater emphasis on planning than I'm used to, but that's hardly a bad thing.

In the end, I am still happy with the project overall. I got everything I needed to get done before the deadline and without going into a stress bound fit. Essentially, it went far far better than last year's attempt, even if I still have things to work on.

Comments